Friday 3 May 2013

Favourite Director

We were given a task to research on a director, whether it be a director from a television programme or a film and feedback to the class. I have decided to talk a little about Pamela Fryman, Fryman is an American sitcom director and producer. She is very well known for directing many episodes of How I Met Your Mother. After doing my research, I had found that she has also directed television series such as Friends, Two And a Half Men, Fraiser, Accidentally in Love and Happy Family. When carrying out my research I had found that all these programmes happen to be within the comedy genre and a key theme I picked up on is that they are family based. I am a fan on Fryman's work, How I Met Your Mother is one of my favourite television programmes, I believe it ticks all the boxes in terms of what a typical comedy should look like and it even goes beyond it, I have never watched an episode of HIMYM without crying with laughter. When the show first came out I knew I'd like it because it reminded me a lot of  Friends and they both share similar qualities. For instance both shows are about a group of friends whose lives are changing, Barney and Joey seem to play similar roles as well as Ross and Rachel and Ted and Robin with their on and off relationships.

One of my favourite episodes- 'The final scene of Friends'


No comments:

Post a Comment